The Philips Respironics DreamStation heated tube is a replacement hose that is used with the DreamStation series heated humidifier. When the tube is connected to the humidifier, the temperature can be set from zero (off) to 5 with 5 being the highest level of humidification being applied through the hose. The temperature control allows you to personalize the humidity based solely on your environment. Some areas in the world are extremely humid meaning the need for extra humidity is not needed, however, some areas are dry climates and may increase the need for additional humidification to keep your airway moist and lubricated.
The Dreamstation heated tube can increase therapy comfort by helping to maintain heat and moisture delivered to the nasal cavity. Direct pressure from the CPAP or Bi-Level machine can cause dryness and the heated tubing helps reduce the chances of dryness while using the CPAP or Bi-Level.
- Improves Humidification
- Rainout Protection
- Controls Air Temperature
Gently wash in a solution of warm water and mild detergent. Rinse thoroughly and allow to air dry. Inspect the tubing for damage or wear and discard and replace if necessary. The tubing is recommended to be replaced every 3 – 6 months.
This heated tube is for use with the DreamStation Heated Humidifier which is the integrated humidifier for the following machines:
- DreamStation CPAP Machine
- DreamStation Pro CPAP Machine
- DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine
- DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine
- DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine
- System One 60 Series Machines
Recommended Replacement Schedule
- Tube Hose: Every 1-3 Months (or as needed)
- Foam Filters: Every 1-3 Months (or as needed); wash weekly
- Ultra Fine Filters: Every Month (or as needed)
- Water Chamber: Every 3-6 Months (or as needed); wash daily
Diameter – Inner Hose Diameter: 15mm
Diameter – Hose Cuff (Mask End): 22mm
Hose Length: 6 ft