Thank you for visiting MyCPAP.com.hk.
Here at MyCPAP.com.hk, we pledge to fully meet the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
Personal Data Collection and Use
Generally speaking, we do not collect any personal data from you and no registration is required in order to gain access to any information provided by our Website.
Like many other websites, we record your visit automatically through cookies, which are some small data structures sent to your computer to record your visit to our Website and to identify you during your future visits. These cookies may be saved permanently in your computer but they are usually harmless. You may disable these cookies but this may affect your browsing of our Website. The types of data collected by us include the browser type and version, the operating system, the IP address and the domain name of the server. This information collected from you will only be used to compile general statistics in relation to the number of visitors to our Website and also the usage of our Website. No personal data will be collected unless you explicitly provide that information to us.
However, personal data may be collected from you on a voluntary basis for some particular purposes or services. The purposes for collecting your personal data which include your name, telephone numbers, address, email address, credit card numbers, expiry date, etc., and are set out in the respective screens on our Website which invite you to provide your data. Refusal to supply personal data may result in MyCPAP being unable to process your request.
Security of Personal Data
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Data
Our general policy is to keep all personal data confidential except as permitted or required by law.
The personal data provided will be used for the specified purposes stated by us when collecting such data including without limitation processing of orders, statistical purposes and other related matters. We may provide these personal data to persons authorised to process the information for purposes relating to those specified purposes only.
We do not share any personal data about you with other companies or organizations without your prior consent. However, information may be disclosed incidental to or in the course of our operation to the following parties:
- any personnel, agent, adviser, auditor, contractor, or service provider who provide services and advice to us in connection with our operation
- the technicians who help to design and set up our Website
- the person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law applicable in or outside Hong Kong
English Version and Chinese Translation
Your personal data may be collected by us on a voluntary basis when you visit our Website, register, or place an order with us.
The categories of personal data that we may collect, process and use will include:-
- your personal information, contact details such as your name, gender, age, phone number, correspondence address and email address;
- your interests, preferences, opinions and feedback;
- details of your visits to our Website and other information collected through cookies and other tracking technology including information that you looked at.
We may use your personal data for marketing and promotional purposes. We may communicate marketing and promotions to you by post, telephone, or online (including by email or through your mobile device or via online banner advertisement) and, as appropriate and where required, we will ask you for your consent, or otherwise provide you with the opportunity to choose not to receive marketing, at the time we collect your data.
We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt out of further communication on any direct marketing communication sent to you at no charge. You may also opt out by contacting us by e-mail to: email@example.com.
We maintain reasonable safeguard measures to protect your personal data in accordance with the requirements of data protection legislation. All personal data collected by us is stored on secure servers with restricted access by authorized personnel only.
We keep all personal data confidential except as permitted or required by law. We do not share or disclose any of your personal data with other companies or organizations without your prior consent. However, certain information may be disclosed incidental to or in the course of our operation to the following parties:-
- any personnel, agent, adviser, auditor, contractor, or service provider who provide services and advice to us in connection with our operation;
- the technicians who help to design and set up our Website;
- the person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law applicable in or outside Hong Kong.
Our retention period for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which it was collected and any other permitted linked purpose. Where personal data is no longer needed, we either irreversibly anonymize the data (in which case we may further retain and use the anonymized data) or securely destroy the data.
You have the right to:-
- access your personal data and have it corrected, amended or deleted;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time;
- receive a copy of your personal data and transit such to others;
- object to our processing of your personal data;
- lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with your local data protection authority; and
- instruct us to restrict the processing of your personal data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
For any data access and correction request or exercise of your rights, please send to us by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.